Parks Canada's 3rd canal fees proposal
Parks Canada has updated its proposed mooring fees for the federal canals (including the Rideau Canal and St. Lawrence Islands) a second time, and added back the popular one-day lock pass.
Below: Latest changes are bold. Fee for 30-ft boat in brackets. % increase from 2012.
Proposed mooring fees to take effect in 2013:
- Day mooring $0.50/ft ($15) was free
- Overnight mooring $1.25/ft* ($37.50) +39% (day mooring is included)
- Seasonal mooring $20./ft ($600) +104%
Proposed lockage fees to take effect in 2014:
- Single lock $.60/ft ($18) +33%
- Multiple/large lock $.90/ft ($27) +100%
- One-day pass $2.40/ft ($72) +50%
- Six-day pass $7.20/ft ($216) +43%
- Seasonal pass $15./ft ($450) +70%
Parks Canada Proposed Fees:
This article incorrectly assumes the day mooring fee is added to the overnight fee, but it's actually included in the overnight fee.